WSA TRAINING UPDATES POSTED
Jan 15 UPDATE:
Training schedule is currently in process of being generated for two phases between Jan 15 and April 1.
WEST BANK UPDATE: About 80% of the teams requested Mon/Thurs at 530 PM. We will create a 2-phased schedule providing 530 PM slots to half of the teams, and 700 PM time slots to teams for 6 weeks of PHASE I (approx Jan 15. thru Mar 1), and then teams will rotate from 530 to 700 and 700 to 530 PM during 6 weeks of PHASE II (approx Mar 1 thru April 22). We will also provide alternatives and potential other opportunities for teams to rotate if those teams must keep the 500/530 PM slot.
Our priorities in making determinations are listed below in order:
1. Teams sharing a coach. If a coach has multiple teams the coaches sessions must be scheduled "back-to-back" so that all athletes receive proper attention from the coach. Note that is NOT punishing a team whose coach does not have multiple teams, but advocating for athletes who have a coach with shared responsibilities. Part of being in a community includes sacrifice and compromise.
2. Age of team. Youth teams aged U6-U10 will receive first priority for earlier time slots.
3. Space Requirements. Some of our older teams have combined teams to help conserve space. For example, and almost exclusively, in our U15-U19 teams, the periodization schedule lightens during the Spring, and teams begin to combine sessions. Since these player have reduced opportunity with their club teams, due to high school soccer conflicts, the one session per week, in a combined setting, becomes a high priority to schedule around and within the context of the athlete's busy high school schedule. This priority is in effect Jan 15 thru April 15 to help ensure these teams remain connected to "each other" and in "form" for the athletes competition schedules during this time.
CLICK HERE FOR LIVE SCHEDULE
Rafael Rivera is the Training Schedule Coordinator. If you need to change your schedule please submit via the TRAINING SCHEDULE FEEDBACK - CLICK HERE. You can also text Rafael at: 918 549 1027.
FIELD MAPS: West Bank, All-Star
* Posted on Home Page UNDER: TRAINING SCHEDULE INFO
TRAINING NIGHT RULES of THUMB:
1. Safety is a non-negotiable part of the WSA Way Game Model. Abide by all weather alerts and directives, as well as all goal safety practices.
2. Abide by your assigned location, field #, field space, time.
3. Reminder that if you are scheduled 530-700 PM and begin at 600 PM and intend to end at 730 PM, contact the team coach scheduled for 700 PM seeking a coordinated plan for the 30 minute overlap from 700-730 PM (when your team is ending and the next team is beginning).
4. If you CANCEL a SESSION please CANCEL on BOOK-A-FIELD. This helps others know that the field is available. Need a book-a-field account - click here. Each time we transition from one "phase to another phase", the Book-A-Field info will lag behind by about one week as we udpate it.
5. Do NOT move goals. The current allocation of goals allows for 2-3 goals "per field". There are currently 40 goals on the facility.