SAT 6:45 AM UPDATE:
Sunlight is revealing a bit more information to Cup '19 Committee.
Please stay tuned if playing at Titan South for field # changes. Currently most impacted field is #10 at Titan South.
Plan is to keep all games on schedule at same kick-off times with possible field # changes due to field conditions.
Thank you for your patience, leadership, and great attitude!
From 7 AM onward new updates or revisions will be sent via email or text alerts.
All the best to teams during WSA Cup '19 Day 2!
WSA Cup '19 Commiteee
SAT 5 AM WALK THROUGH UPDATE
1 GAME TIME CHANGE: Blitz 10 Green vs WSA 10 North BOYS DIVISION moved to 12:45 PM
RIVERCITY: 9U, 10U, 11U, 12U divisions check field #'s for FIELD # changes. Games on same time and same facility.
TITAN: Games on as scheduled.
GOOD LUCK & ENJOY THE DAY!
WSA Cup '19 Committee
FRI 11 PM UPDATE - TEAM LEADERS:
TOURNAMENT COMMITTEE HAS WALKED FIELDS:
RIVERCITY: Field changes are in process right now for U9 and U10 divisions. Games that were on FIELD 10A will likely be moved to a new field with a better suited playable surface - please check your schedule. The schedule was built with some opportunity to flex to new fields based on surfaces.
The rest of the age divisions should remain unchanged at time of this email.
TITAN: As of the 11 PM facility walk through revealed wet fields, that are forecasted to be playable in the morning. This forecast is such that no revisions are currently forecasted for either field changes or time/schedule changes. Please stay posted for any possible revisions. Next field assessment will occur at 5 AM.
More updates may be sent later tonight.
*** Game #36 Blitz 10 Green vs WSA 10 North is currently being reviewed for a possible time change from 7:30 AM to a new time.
WSA Cup '19 Committee
FRI 5 PM UPDATE - TEAM LEADERS:
1. All Friday games will be played (unless there is a lightning delay). The review of the forecast shows a small window for threat of lightning. We have 4 tournament officials assigned to monitoring lighting for tonight's games at RiverCity Parks.
2. FIELDS at RiverCity parks are playable. The surfaces will be wet, and the forecast is that there will be 3-4 fields of the 14 with puddles. It will not be ideal playing conditions, We do understand this.
3. SATURDAY ACTION PLAN:
RiverCity fields have been determined to be playable with the forecasted rain. This is our home club facility and we feel confident in the field forecast. If the rain forecast does not hold true and more water is dropped than expected this could change.
WHAT IF IT RAINS MORE on FRIDAY NIGHT: Based on the current weekend forecast our plan would be to delay Saturday start times at RiverCity which will generate a compressed schedule. Our compressed schedule plan first reduces halftime and "game to game" transition times. It then addresses game lengths. Every effort is made to maintain full game lengths in any compressed schedule.
Titan South is not our facility and is on lease. We will be respecting the owners of that facility who are also alongside us in our effort to play games. The action plan with respect to Titan is to make a 9 PM assessment Friday and a 5 AM assessment Saturday. If needed games may be delayed and a compressed schedule laid out. If either assessment produces information that would require a schedule revision you will be notified ASAP.
Please be prepared to be flexible with regard to any reschedules.
Any reschedule or revisions to the tournament schedule will not accommodate COACH CONFLICTS or DRIVE TIME FOR COACHES.
Please generate contingency plans for COACH CONFLICTS in case we move to a compressed schedule.
Any teams who requested the WSA Cup '19 Schedule Committee to schedule around League games will not have those requests honored if we move to a compressed schedule. Please be prepared to adjust to this.
The current plan is to play games as scheduled with no changes.
We aim towards that and will work hard to maintain that schedule. However, we will also keep the interests and safety of players, respect of the game, and also responsibility to our Titan South partner in mind during the decision.
Thank you for your patience, your understanding, and your cooperation.
In no uncertain terms, if we had intended that we might cancel the tournament, we would have made that decision well in advance of these notifications.
All the best to all teams competing this weekend!
WSA Cup '19 Tournament Director