WSA INTERNAL RESCHEDULE PROCESS (see info from OPC League Office Below).
Revised Sept 10, 2020
SCHEDULE VETTING PERIOD ENDS SEPTEMBER 15th! Revised 9/10/2020
After the "vetting period" closes then all games will be "final". Beginning on Sept 16th the only reschedules that will be allowed will be those requested a minimum of 14 days prior to the scheduled match. These games will be rescheduled via the same process as during the vetting period (See Process Below).
I NEED TO INITIATE A RESCHEDULE PROCESS:
Reasons Why You Might Need to Reschedule: Multiple Games on Same Day, Coach Conflicts, Tournament Conflicts, Too Many Games in Short Period of Time, Team is Missing Players, Travel Constraints Do Not Make Sense, etc....
1. Locate the opponent contact information from the OPC Schedule by clicking the "hyperlink" of the team name in the schedule. The contact info for the team is located at the top of the team page. If the opponent info is not availalbe you can conctact the OPC League Office at: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the anticipated high volumes of communication during the intiial scheduling phases (Sept 1 thru Sept 30) you can also contact any WSA Club Director who will work to coordinate contact info with the opponent's Club Director.
2. Contact the opponent by email AND text, identifying the game date, time, location, your desire to revised the date/time, and offer at least 2 options (preferably 3) for alternative date/times.
3. If the opponent has not agreed or has not replied within 48 hours, then complete the OPC reschedule form by CLICKING HERE. At this time you will answer "NO" to the final question: "Have both teams agreed to this reschedule request? " This step is to simply memorialize your effort to contact the opponent in case there is any future conflict over resolving a new date/time.
4. Allow 48 hours for a reply. if no reply in 48 hours, contact the opponent again. If after 4 days you do not receive a reply from your opponent then inform Roger and Rachel, the WSA Home Club Schedulers. Roger and Rachel will attempt to contact the club and if needed will escalate to the OPC League Office. You are able to contact the league office directly as well, but be sure you have previously completed an OPC Reschedule form and you can reference that form submission.
5. Agree to a new date/time.
6. Contact your WSA "home club scheduler" via this form which will go to Roger & Rachel who will reply inside of 24 hours. *Try to avoid sending emails and texts for the time being, until the schedule aftermath slows down (proximate to Sept 28), as this is bogging down the process. Reminder WSA has 150+ teams so your email/text is one of possibly hundreds. When communicating with your home club scheduler please list details - DO NOT ASSUME we know your team, league, home facility, opponent, schedule. Assume the scheduler knows "nothing" and provide those details concisely & succinctly.
If it is an "away" game your opponent will be contacting their "home club scheduler". We encourage you to prompt your opponent to make contact with their "home scheduler" to help expedite the process.
If this is a home game NOT at RiverCity Parks you are advised to ALSO contact the WSA Home Club Schedulers listed below as a safeguard to facility availability (* be prepared for this list to be revised).
7. Complete the OPC reschedule form by CLICKING HERE. At this time you will answer "YES" to the final question: "Have both teams agreed to this reschedule request?". Please note that the OPC RESCHEDULE FORM is different from the WSA Internal Reschedule Form. Please also note that WSA is NOT the league (OPC is the league entity, and WSA is a partner in this league entity).
WHAT IF I AM CONTACTED BY AN OPPONENT TO RESCHEDULE:
1. Please respond and reply as soon as you can. Be courteous, polite and gracious.
2. Review the opponent new date & time requests.
3. If you are a team manager please include your coach so that she/he can review the new proposed date/time against her/his schedule of conflicts, and also so that the coach can determine if the game fits the team's periodization schedule for training:game ratios, and workload:rest ratios.
4. If you agree to the new proposed date/time and this is a WSA HOME GAME contact your WSA HOME SCHEDULERS via THIS FORM to find out if there is a field available on the day/time requested. Expect to hear back within 24 hours. ** If your game is NOT at RiverCity Parks please also contact your "home club scheduler" listed below.
5. If you hear back from your Home Club Schedulers that there is a field availalbe for the new times, you can confirm w/ the opponent and then ask opponent to complete the OPC RESCHEDULE FORM. You should also complete the OPC RESCHEDULE FORM.
WSA HOME CLUB SCHEDULERS
WSA Central/Tulsa/RiverCity Parks - Rachel Bush & Roger Bush
LETTER FROM OPC LEAGUE OFFICE SEPT 10, 2020:
OPC Coaches and Managers:
All brackets have been updated and are final. Schedules are posted for all ages through Fall Break, and we will continue to drop games to finish the season's schedule.
Please re-check your schedule to ensure you have not missed any changes. Thank you for those that have started submitting JotForms, please continue to work on rescheduling games you need changed. You have until the 15th to complete this process. The morning of the 16th, the scheduler will correct any lingering JotForms and then the schedules will go to the club Assignors on the morning of the 18th. If you need to reschedule a game after the 15th, you will still use the JotForm, but the 14 day window will be in effect. After the 15th, the original game date must be beyond 14 days to be moved.
There are still a couple clubs that are missing contact information for their teams in this new system, they are working to fix this issue. If you need to contact a team for a reschedule, but there isn't contact information for that team, there are a couple options. If it is a WSA team, they have posted a contact list on their website for the time being, please refer to that - www.wsasoccer.org, club info, staff directory, OPC list. If it is for a different club, please email us and we will gather that for you.
As a reminder, season is set to start on September 26th. Game cards and player passes will be required so please make sure you have gathered these documents prior to game day.
WSA SCHEDULE COURTESY PROCESS: Contact your opponent prior to your game
1. Contact your opponent via TEXT & EMAIL at least one week prior to your home or away OPC game as a courtesy.
2. Confirm game details:
3. If your opponent does not reply within 24 hours, contact again. Include both coach & manager. If your game is away and involves travel of over 30 minutes, we suggest, if receiving no reply, that you contact that club's admin or director, or the league office (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org), or your club's director to help engage the opponent to assure that the opponent and game ops will be ready for your game.
4. If it is a HOME game for WSA be sure to cross-reference this with the weekly WSA Home Game Schedule that will be sent out for review. This ensures your game will be assigned referees.
5. If it is an AWAY game be sure to remind your opponent to confirm the game with their "home scheduler" via whatever process their club uses.
6. Reminder that if you change a game for "any reason" that is not with the 14 day notice, your team will be charged the referee fees associated with the game. You may wish to grant an opponent a "reschedule", however, the club will still be required to invoice your team for the referee fees for that game. If the game is canceled or reschedule due to any "act of God" your team will not be charged these fees.
LETTER FROM OPC LEAGUE OFFICE SEPT 2, 2020:
Good Afternoon All:
The same rescheduling rules apply as last year, so after vetting period, 14 day window applies. The vetting period will be September 2nd through September 11th.
All reschedules must be done 14 days in advance of the scheduled match.
- Process is the same regarding the rescheduling process. http://www.okpremierclubs.com/
- Once you have agreed on a reschedule, the JotForm is to be used. https://form.jotform.com/
Schedules are complete through Fall Break, the 2nd half of schedule is currently being placed at complexes and will be completed by the 11th.
All of this info can be found on our OPC website, www.okpremierclubs.com, under the OPC League Tab.
Final schedules will be posted on the 15th, and the league will start on the 26th.
1. Contact your opponent to agree on a new time or a new date and time
2. Fill out online form to request reschedule at the following link: RESCHEDULE REQUEST FORM
3. OPC will approve or deny the reschedule request based on the following:
Has the form been submitted at least 14 days prior to the scheduled match?
Has your opponent agreed to the reschedule?
4. If your request has been approved, OPC will make sure the fields and referees are available and move the game in GotSoccer
5. OPC will then notify all teams involved of the change in GotSoccer
6. If your request has been denied, OPC will notify all teams involved of the reason for the request denial
7. If the reason for the denial is because fields/referees are not available, please agree on a new time/date and email email@example.com while copying your opponent's coach/manager
PLEASE NOTE: There could be additional fees (such as referee fees) assessed based on the home club policy if a reschedule is requested after the 14 day window. Check with your home club for details. Example: If a team no shows or cancels a game with 3 days notice, the team who cancelled will be liable for the full referee fees.